Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Sleeve or muff coupling
|Split muff coupling
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling
|Variable speed coupling
|Bushed pin-type coupling
|Constant speed coupling
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Do Tyre Couplings Require Lubrication, and if so, How Often?
Unlike some other types of couplings, tyre couplings are typically designed to operate without the need for regular lubrication. The rubber tyre element in the coupling provides a flexible and friction-reducing interface between the hubs, allowing the coupling to function effectively without additional lubrication.
However, it is essential to note that while tyre couplings are generally maintenance-free regarding lubrication, regular inspections and maintenance checks are still necessary to ensure their proper functioning and longevity. Here are some key points to consider:
- Visual Inspection: Regularly inspect the tyre coupling for any signs of wear, damage, or deterioration. Check the rubber tyre element for cracks, tears, or any abnormal wear patterns that could affect its performance.
- Alignment Check: Misalignment can cause premature wear and reduce the life of the tyre coupling. Periodically check the alignment between the connected shafts and make necessary adjustments if misalignment is detected.
- Torque Checks: Ensure that the coupling is still transmitting torque effectively by periodically checking the power transmission capacity and verifying that it matches the application’s requirements.
- Load Capacity: Confirm that the selected tyre coupling can handle the expected loads and shock loads in the application. If there are any changes in the operating conditions, ensure that the coupling is still suitable for the new parameters.
- Environmental Factors: Consider the operating environment of the tyre coupling. While the coupling itself does not require lubrication, factors such as temperature, humidity, and exposure to chemicals may impact other components in the system. Protect the coupling from exposure to harsh chemicals or extreme temperatures to maintain its performance.
In summary, tyre couplings are designed to be maintenance-free regarding lubrication. However, regular visual inspections and maintenance checks are essential to ensure the coupling’s proper functioning and to address any issues before they lead to more significant problems. By following recommended maintenance practices, the tyre coupling can provide reliable and efficient service throughout its operational life.
Can Tyre Couplings Accommodate Angular and Axial Misalignments Simultaneously?
Yes, tyre couplings are designed to accommodate both angular and axial misalignments simultaneously. The unique design of tyre couplings allows them to flex in multiple directions, making them highly versatile in compensating for various types of misalignments between the connected shafts.
The elastomeric tyre element of the coupling provides the necessary flexibility to accommodate angular misalignment. As the shafts rotate and their axes deviate from a perfect alignment, the tyre element deforms slightly to allow for the angular displacement. This helps reduce the reactive forces and torques that would otherwise be transmitted to the connected machinery, preventing excessive wear and damage.
Moreover, the tyre element’s elastic properties enable it to absorb axial misalignment as well. When one shaft moves axially relative to the other, the tyre element compresses or expands to accommodate the axial displacement. This feature is particularly beneficial in applications where axial movement is common, such as in reciprocating machinery.
By simultaneously accommodating angular and axial misalignments, tyre couplings help to minimize the stresses on the machinery and ensure smoother power transmission. However, it is essential to ensure that the misalignments are within the specified limits recommended by the coupling manufacturer to prevent overloading and premature wear of the coupling components.
In conclusion, tyre couplings are well-suited for applications with combined angular and axial misalignments, providing a reliable and efficient solution for power transmission in various industrial settings.
What is a Tyre Coupling and How Does it Work?
A tyre coupling, also known as a tire coupling, is a type of flexible coupling used to connect two shafts in machinery or equipment. It is designed to transmit torque and accommodate misalignments between the shafts while dampening vibrations and shock loads. The name “tyre coupling” comes from its construction, where a flexible tyre element connects the two hubs of the coupling.
Construction: A tyre coupling typically consists of two metal hubs, each attached to the ends of the shafts to be connected. These hubs are usually made of steel and have a flanged or non-flanged design. The flexible element in the coupling is a tyre made of high-quality rubber or synthetic material. The tyre is placed between the two hubs and secured in place by clamping elements or screws.
Working Principle: The tyre coupling’s working principle involves the transfer of torque from one shaft to the other through the flexible tyre element. When the shafts are misaligned, the tyre can deform and twist slightly, accommodating the angular, axial, and parallel misalignments between the shafts. This flexibility not only reduces stress on the connected machinery but also helps in dampening vibrations and shocks that may arise during the operation.
When torque is applied to one shaft, it causes the tyre to compress on one side and expand on the other, transmitting the torque to the other shaft. The tyre’s flexibility allows it to absorb shocks and vibrations, providing a cushioning effect and protecting the connected equipment from sudden jolts or impact loads.
Advantages of Tyre Couplings:
- Misalignment Tolerance: Tyre couplings can handle both angular and parallel misalignments between the shafts, providing flexibility in installation and reducing the risk of shaft and bearing damage.
- Vibration Damping: The rubber tyre element absorbs vibrations and shocks, leading to smoother operation and extended machinery life.
- Simple Installation: Tyre couplings are relatively easy to install and require minimal maintenance.
- Cost-Effective: They are a cost-effective solution for connecting shafts in various industrial applications.
- Reduced Noise: The flexible tyre element helps in reducing noise levels during operation.
Tyre couplings are used in a wide range of industrial applications, including:
- Motor-driven equipment such as pumps, compressors, fans, and blowers.
- Conveyors and material handling systems.
- Power transmission systems in various industries.
- Construction equipment and machinery.
- Marine propulsion systems.
- Steel mills and mining equipment.
Overall, tyre couplings offer a flexible and reliable solution for connecting shafts, ensuring smooth power transmission, and protecting machinery from misalignment-induced stress and vibrations.
editor by CX 2023-09-28